Table of Contents
Fleas are problematic for people and pets. If you’re a pet lover, you don’t want fleas to ruin your dog’s life. Getting rid of them and keeping them out of your home is pertinent. Remember that fleas are incredibly dangerous since they can transmit plague and typhus. With that being said, you need to find a way to keep these pests out of your home. Working with us is the best way to achieve this goal.
Fleas Common In Denver
Ultimately, the United States is home to many flea species. However, the most common in our area is the Cat Flea. In general, adult cat fleas will reach an eighth of an inch in length. They’re slim and look like a credit card from above. Thanks to their unique body structure, they can easily slide through hair. Some mistakenly believe that cat fleas only attack felines. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. These pests will attack dogs, raccoons, foxes, skunks, and more.
More About Flea Bites
Flea bites can lead to serious issues including hair loss. Your pets will continue scratching their skin and they’ll eventually lose their hair. Another issue is flea allergy dermatitis. When dealing with a large flea infestation, pets may experience anemia and intense blood loss. Death can happen in severe cases. Another issue is that these pests can spread tapeworms to pets and humans.
Preventing Infestations Of Fleas
Ultimately, preventing fleas from invading is easier than getting rid of them. Once they’ve invaded your home, getting rid of them will be tough. Therefore, you’ll want to take steps to prevent these pests from invading your home. Use the tips below to achieve this goal.
- Be cautious when adopting a new pet. Make sure it is free of fleas. Otherwise, it’ll bring fleas into your home.
- Using an anti-parasite medication can help. Be sure that the medication is designed to prevent and control fleas.
- Keep your grass mowed. It should be 3 inches or less.
- Never feed animals around your yard. Wildlife could have fleas so keep them away.
- Protect your low decks with wire.
- Check your pets and their belongings for fleas regularly.
- Wash your pet and his bedding often.
- Use a vacuum to clean up your home and get rid of fleas.