The former Lowry Air Force Base is located in Denver, Colorado, The Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. This museum preserves the story of the former Lowry Air Force Base’s operations from 1938 until 1994 through research, archives, and collections.
From 1937 until 1994, from 1937 to 1994, the Lowry Air Force Base based at the eastern end of Denver was a blessing to the nation and its community in a variety of ways. It was originally an educational center for technical training with over 1.1 million enlisted soldiers and officers.
Air and Space Museum Guest Guidelines
Wings Over the Rockies is now open for guests. Here are the State and Federal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus. Their primary concern is the security of their guests, volunteers, and staff, and they have taken extra precautions to keep the community fit and healthy.
- To avoid long lines To reduce the number of queues, the management strongly recommends all guests purchase tickets prior to their trip.
- Tickets are valid only on the date made. They are open from Monday until Saturday between 10 am to 5 pm, and from 12 5 pm until 5 pm on Sundays.
- Simulators are now accessible on a first-come-first-served basis.
Visit their website to compare tickets https://wingsmuseum.org/museum/visit/.
Highly technologically designed to introduce the initial phases of a pilot’s aviation experience, The TouchTrainer FM 210 is a flight simulator with an excellent dual-sealed cockpit. Fully equipped with co-pilot/pilot intercoms, audio simulator, and an instructor’s station.
The program is led by a qualified Wings Over the Rockies volunteer who helps with the set-up and a brief introduction and then flights in a Cessna aircraft.
The flight simulator is available for free for 15 minutes, and visitors must be of 8 years of age or over to participate in the simulator. Bed Bug Exterminator Denver
James C. Ray Flight Training Scholarship
- The Wings is delighted to provide flight-training grants for Colorado students (15-15)
- The teacher Flight is an all-encompassing experience in Aviation for children and teens formal teachers.
- Young Eagles is a chance for children ages 8-17 to get a free flight with an FAA-certified pilot.
Wings Over the Rockies is creating something unique to the country. They’ve set out to deliver the top and most exciting aerospace experience that you can find elsewhere.
Go to this site if interested in donating https://56000.blackbaudhosting.com/56000/Wingspan.
Address: 7711 E Academy Blvd, Denver, CO
Check out other attractions like Kirkland Museum of Fine Decorative Art